Sunday 15 March 2009

Courtesy

Couple of weeks back..I was travelling in the tube as usual to goto office..Two other people also boarded the train along with me, one was less able to stand among them.. It was bit crowded in the train, and I think none noticed this person as noone offered him a seat. After the train started moving, a girl (would not be more than 12 years of age), sitting 4-5 seats away from where we are standing came to this person and asked 'Do you want to sit?', for which the person who was less able to stand politely refused, and asked the girl to be seated. That was a happy moment for me to see a small kid behave in such a courteous manner.

We learn lessons any where and at any time, it need not come from a scholar, it can come from a kid also. I always try to be courteous, but some times due to my habbit of thinking too many (both necessary and unnecessary) things, I forget what is happening around me and behave a bit odd - I remember once in a similar train journey, I did not leave way for the passengers to get out and was blocking their way.

Being couteous is a very good habbit, when I expect others to be courteous to me, I should also reciprocate the same and I'll work for it. At the same time, it is best to avoid/ keep distance of people who we know are non courteous.

2 comments:

The Maverick Blog said...

Machi I'd written a post on "Courtesy" few days back too.. And I agree with your pov... Courtesy is what makes us humans at the end of the day... Good one da..

Kumarappan said...

Thanks Sunil :)